The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is Sun, 01/13/13 10:27 PM (permalink)
A few years ago, I got a PM on another board asking me what were soda crackers that I listed as ingredients in a recipe. Turns out, lots of younger folks never heard the term. You only see Saltines anymore on the boxes. Last time I looked, Keebler was still selling round cans with the words "Export Sodas" and some of the latin companies labeled them the same way.

That also got me thinking about the packaging. When I was a kid, they came in embossed metal cans that look like the boxes nowadays with a lid on the end. The crackers where in sheets of four and in several stacks wrapped in wax paper, not in the 1 cracker wax paper tubes like today. When did they stop doing that? They still were that way in the early 70's, but in cardboard boxes. I used to take some in a sandwich tupperware like container for my thermos of soup.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7762
    Re:Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is Sun, 01/13/13 10:39 PM (permalink)
    But for the fact that many tins are found in small markets in the area...I would be a young unknowing person...unaware of the soda crackers.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 902
      Re:Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is Sun, 01/13/13 10:41 PM (permalink)
      I remember those four cracker sheets.  Have no idea when they stopped.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com