The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

A quick trip & report

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2376
A quick trip & report Sat, 01/26/13 10:14 AM (permalink)
I started a new job in North Carolina last Monday. I work as a contract engineer in the nuclear industry, so jobs ending and starting at locations far & wide is part of my way of life.  The term of endearment used for people in this profession is Roadwh0res (hopefully that gets through the bad word filter).  There is even a website by that name that posts job opportunities.  The new job has an expected duration of 5 years, so this is as close to a permanent position as I expect to ever see.

Pie Diva and I took a quick trip to reposition a car from Arizona to NC over the weekend before I started.  We did not have a lot of time, but we planned at least one stop each day around a Roadfood reviewed restaurant.

Day 1 - Buckeye, AZ to Las Cruces, NM

This will probably be our last chance to visit Tuscon before we pack the house and move, so we took an opportunity to stop at one of our favorite restaurants there.

I had a JoJo (Chipotle Beef and Cheese in JalapeƱo Masa) and a Santa Fe (Pork Loin, Green Chile Sauce and Cheese).  Bobbi has a pair of San Carlos (Shrimp, Roasted Corn, Tomato, Cilantro in Red Pepper Masa).  They were all outstanding.

We will miss the food of Tuscon, but not the traffic.  The last three times we visited there were major SNAFU's with traffic.  A bike race shutting down seemingly every street, a gem show causing havoc throughout the city, and this time road construction barrels closing multiple lanes on every surface street we drove on.

Stay tuned for more of Day 1.
<message edited by JRPfeff on Sat, 01/26/13 10:54 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com