400 degrees, Nashville

Author
Poverty Pete
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2293
2013/01/30 13:19:05 (permalink)

400 degrees, Nashville

I went for a hot chicken fix today.  I had a breast quarter, 200degrees,  with beans and potato salad.   I had forgotten how sweet the baked beans are, almost candied.  I need to remember that.  The potato salad is very good, with strips of pickle and pimento.   200 degrees is about the equivalent of Prince's medium, but there are differences.  This is deep fried, not pan fried.  It's less greasy than Princes.  This seems to be spicier but with less heat than Prince's.  The crust is thicker than Prince's.  I still maintain this is the best Nashville has to offer.
    The owner, Aqui Simpson, was on the counter.  She is always on the counter,  busy, professional, and happy in what she is doing.
400 degrees  is inside a food court with three other choices.  Quisno's...yuck.   Nuvo Burrito,  a really nice take on mission-style burritos,  excellent.   J. Gumbo's,  serving extra large bowls of  etouffee, gumbo, red beans and rice,  jambalaya, and cajun chili.   Ecellent+.
The food court is on the corner of 4th and Peabody, just south of broadway.  Drop in when you have a chance to. 

11 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1