Dana Point, California? And SNA?

Author
rumaki
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1030
2013/02/05 16:17:49 (permalink)

Dana Point, California? And SNA?

I'm going to California later this week for a conference which is being held at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point.   All of my meals from Thursday evening through Saturday breakfast will be served at the resort and are included in the conference registration.  However, on Saturday, friends from the Los Angeles area are driving down to fetch me. We plan to lunch in the Dana Point area and then make our way back to L.A. for dinner in Santa Monica.  Reservations have already been made for that.

What I'm looking for is a lunch option in Dana Point (or environs) or en route back to L.A.  I don't know what driving route we are taking. I have no particular food preferences or prohibitions; we're eating at a seafood place (or at least, a place that has sand dabs, one of my faves) on Saturday night at dinner.  I did some online searching and found a few places that looked like possibilities:  The Shwack Beach Grill; the Harbor Grill, or Wind & Sea, all in Dana Point.  But I have no idea whether they are any good or not.

I'm flying in to John Wayne/Orange County airport on Thursday, arriving around lunchtime, and I expect I'll be hungry. Any good options at the airport or nearby?  I am not renting a car, but I wouldn't be averse to a short cab ride, as I'll have time to kill because I can't check into the hotel until about 4 p.m.

Thanks for any suggestions! 

25 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1