The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Ed sails and Chips Spend a Great Day Together

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
Ed sails and Chips Spend a Great Day Together Thu, 02/7/13 1:40 AM (permalink)
A little while back  I got  a forum message from Ed sails saying he was visiting the portland area and would like to get together. Ed had been off the road food boards for a while but we had had several get together and i was delighted to have the chance to get together  and spend some time at my favorite road food places in Portland and some other spots that are really good. So we agreed to spend a day together and i we had a wonderful time. 
The day started with breakfast at the Cameo Cafe in northeast Portland very close to the airport. this is probably my favorite breakfast place in portland and i think it is the best restaurant in the airport area. it is a curious combination, outstanding American breakfast dishes with very good Korean specialties. Two American breakfast entries stand out. huge pancakes designated as 1/4 acre, 1/2 acre, and full acre pancakes usually served with so much fruit it is market priced. Blueberries , peaches and seasonal raspberries and strawberries.Excellent quality and huge quantity of food. Special bread is available for toast,as is tart homemade jam and the bread is addictine and goes well with the local bacon and farm fresh local eggs. A korean pancake served with veggies and toast(pinetouk0, kim chee by itself and in an omelet and fresh korean soup are available. Owner sue gee and staff insure no one is a stranger for long and the staff seems to believe any coffee cup that is not full is a crime. I love the place because the American breakfast is wonderful and the korean options almost as good. A road food wonder par excellence
      Second stop of the day was the Portland Art Museum for its exhibition "The Body Beautiful" a presentation of woks from the British Museum of sculptures and vases featuring males in various forms of athletic competition. works about the feats of Hercules, and an explanation of the fascination with male nudity and a frank discussion about sexuality in ancient Greece. The vases were spectacular, the information great. The most famous work was "The Discus Thrower" which i have always seen in pre-Olympic shows. It was one of the better shows I've seen in Portland and I learned a lot.

<message edited by mr chips on Wed, 07/3/13 2:44 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com