Po Bois Truck final stages of build

Author
drvp
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
2013/02/17 13:40:55 (permalink)

Po Bois Truck final stages of build

Hello everyone - Im still not to my post quota so ill have to proxy post my pics- my truck can be seen in the "yet another food truck build" its the engine turned grumman. I have been working day and night trying to get it finished and am coming up against a few items that i have not been able to figure out or find on any previous posts/threads

- Window awning supports i will get photos posted here shortly, but i have a 40" tall x 60" wide window that i have inset into the truck 3". My plan is to do a very similar install as the back door for my awning, using the same hinges even. My issue is i cannot find a good source to help me "calculate" for the gas shocks/lift gate struts  that i need and where to install them- months ago i stumbled upon a website but it has been long forgotten. id also like to here any pros and cons that anyone has / opinions on these.
here are my opinions;

- i want gas shocks because im completely mobile possibly doing multiple services a day with quick set up and pack up
- i like the  minimal design rather than larger telescoping poles
- i like the dumbness of lift and close reducing damage by stupid operators
- i would like a secondary safety lock system but maybe this is unecessary? i like redundancy 

by the way as far as my window goes I am very happy with it- its a millworks Home depot version ordered with .25" temp glass, all alluminum it was under 5 bills with coupons- sturdy! and matches my alum scheme/ it is framed in by alum 3x1 c- channel 

if you look up Po' Bois in facebook  you can see some pics of this 
post edited by drvp - 2013/02/17 13:42:35

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1