The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Breakfast Pizza

Cosmos

• Total Posts: 1448
Breakfast Pizza Thu, 02/28/13 12:55 PM (permalink)
We've all had cold pizza (and possibly warm beer) for breakfast in the past but I have noticed more and more breakfast pizza out there in Syracuse NY. Is this happening in other regions and if so, what is your local version like?

There are a number of pizzerias that serve it near me and I have seen it in gas stations too (not that I would buy it from there...). The first time I had it, one of our consulting engineers dropped off a variety to our office as a holiday gift a number of years ago and has continued to do so. These are white pizzas with scrambled eggs, cheeses and toppings. They usually leave us a bacon and/or sausage one a broccoli and/or spinach. I don't know the pizzeria but I know its downtown. The drawback to this pie for me is they use a combination of velveeta and mozzarella.

Since that first time, I have sampled it from Peppinos which is ok but my absolute favorite is from DiLauro's Bakery. They sell it by the slice and to order. By the slice you get Italian sausage, bacon and ham with eggs and mozzarella and a generous shake of black pepper. This is not a low cholesterol treat but it is oh so good and best when fresh out of the oven. Folks in our office have ordered it with slightly less meat and spinach or broccoli. As always DiLauro's crust is great nice and crunchy.

What's out there in your neighborhood?
<message edited by Cosmos on Thu, 02/28/13 12:57 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com