Hot Dog ideas..

Author
yuppicide
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 219
2013/03/08 01:00:29 (permalink)

Hot Dog ideas..

Some of you may remember me from Hot Dog Nation on Facebook, but I deleted my Facebook account. I was pretty new to the nation, and had some good posts, and it's nothing against anyone there or here. My friend said he was leaving Facebook for a bit, but I think he was back posting the same day. I went hardcore and it's been almost 2 months now or so!

Anyway, I'm going to be designing a hot dog to be put on a menu. Probably for a limited time and if it sells well it'll come back. Well, I shouldn't say I'm designing it.. I'm just coming up with some ideas and the chef will do his magic.

I thought I'd ask what you guys think of my ideas:

The French Dip - dip the bread in beef au jus, top it with sharp provolone and caramelized onions.

The Benedict - poached egg, hollandaise sauce, and bacon. Bacon Jam maybe?

The Big Country  - country fried steak dog with cauliflower mashed potato, southern green beans or collard greens, and country gravy.

The Greek - Falafel wrapped dog topped with tomato onion, sweet/spicy harissa, and labni..

The Papa a La Huancaina - this is sliced potatoes, hard boiled egg, black olive tapenade, and a spicy cheese sauce - I used to live near this restaurant in Dunellen, NJ and the appetizers were amazing.. in fact I never ordered the chicken.. or dinners.. ever.. I could eat three of these by themselves and call it a meal! Go to this website and view the menu, it has pictures.. first one on the page:

http://planetchickenrest.com/

Their Salchipapas are good too. Deep fried hot dogs over french fries with salad and special sauce. No clue what the sauce is, it’s been a long time since I’ve been there, all I know is I like it... a lot.

15 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1