Hot!New food truck build

Author
Rcoy
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 95
2013/03/21 00:59:41 (permalink)

New food truck build

I have a school bus, 38' that I wish to convert to a mobile cafe. I am in WA state, so I have been studying the regs and rules here. The bus currently has a plumbed restroom and dual overhead ac. I see that AC isn't allowed in a new build, but will it be allowed since it is existing on the current bus?

I intend to have a customer waiting area in the area of the bus that isn't occupied by the kitchen, I will likely have about 14' of space. The idea I like most is to put a double door in the middle of the curbside for egress.

I am looking at a tank, horizontal top mount 38g described on e-bay as "
MANCHESTER ASME VAPOR LP TANK 38 GAL unused Sidefill Horiz top mount propane" Does anyone have experience with such a tank? I believe that the huge surface area should provide adequate vapor pressure? I think 200k btu would be the most load I would be likely to require.

I see in the list for Labor and Industries approval that I need to have a set of plans "wet stamped" by an engineer or architect? Has anyone done that? Who did it, how much was it and would you recommend them?

I am sure more questions will arise, and I will post pics when I can, I have been lurking for quite some time so my 30 days should be up soon.

Thanks!

34 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1