The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA!

Rosebud

• Total Posts: 1
A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! Fri, 03/22/13 2:03 PM (permalink)
Roadtrip to Florida...the circuitous route! Our trip included a stop to Wendell Smith's in Nashville, The Crab Shack in Tybee Island, GA, and The Boarding House Rest in Savannah(where we dined with the owner:)! My favorite restaurants on our month-long trip were not in the book and should be considered! The Breakfast Club on Tybee Island was exactly what I would expect in the Roadfood book...the favorite of locals and a really 'hot spot' for a Saturday chow-down breakfast! Also...we found the MOST FANTASTIC little restaurant serving classic southern food...a mid-priced fabulous menu in the genteel ambiance of an old home in the downtown area of the little town of Perry, Georgia. It is also a delightful little town for an interesting stop when you're tired of driving! "Eat Your Way Across the USA" has become our vacation motto:)

crew84row

• Total Posts: 173
    Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! Fri, 03/22/13 2:16 PM (permalink)
    Was that Swanson's? in Perry?   We 've missed stopping there on Sunday's twice now when we've comeback from Hotlanta.
    Glad you had a good trip.
    I hope you can come back with reviews of the places you like that aren't yet on RF or in the Book. 

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! Sun, 03/31/13 7:53 AM (permalink)
      Welcome to the boards Rosebud. We looking forward to reading the details of your adventures shortly.
      AL

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
        Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! Sun, 03/31/13 3:03 PM (permalink)
        Rosebud!  That's a great start.  I see you're a long time Roadfood member.

What did you eat at these places?  I love food details.

Keep posting!  You're doing a great job.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
          Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! Mon, 04/1/13 6:36 AM (permalink)
          Great start, Rosebud.  Please, more details!!  I was not familiar with Wendell Smith's in Nashville so you've given me a new place to look for.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com