Quad Cities Pizza Comes To Phoenix!

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10204
2013/03/29 02:17:23 (permalink)

Quad Cities Pizza Comes To Phoenix!

Since I've only been to the Quad Cities area once over 40 years ago and never had a pizza there, I have no idea what a Quad Cities Pizza is supposed to be or taste like. But if what "The Pizza Pit" at the corner of Baseline & Dobson Road in Mesa AZ serves is Quad Cities Pizza, then I'm all for it!
The owner hails from there and missed the pizza so he opened the joint.
The place is pretty Spartan but the food more than makes up for it.
They do have 4 nice flat screen TV's and a nice deck overlooking a small man-made lake in the Dobson Ranch Neighborhood.
The Beer is cold and it's 2-fer's during happy hour. I had 2- 25 oz draft mugs for $4.75!!! They serve Wine also.
The Bride ordered a small, 10" pepperoni pizza with extra sauce for $7.75.
I had the house special "The Stashu" calzone loaded with their own recipe Pork Sirloin Sausage, which was a mild, sweet, Italian blend of their own spice recipe, Canadian Bacon, FRESH Mozz and Ricotta Cheese, served with their signature "Pit Sauce".
For only $7.50, it was an absolute steal. I could only eat 1/3 of it. I'll get two good lunches out of the leftovers.
The dough in both the pizza and calzone was made from scratch, light and airy, with great flavor. Their sauce was fresh and very flavorful.
I've been in the Valley for 13 years and this may be the best pizza/calzones I've found to date!
If you're a Midwesterner/Snowbird or just someone who likes a good pizza, put the Pizza Pit on your list!
They also serve Appetizers, Salads & Hot Gourmet Sandwiches. The Meatball Sub looked delicious!  
http://eatpizzapit.com/
post edited by Foodbme - 2013/03/29 02:19:07

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1