Restaurant Operations HELP

Author
MurphyLawPTDEUX
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 8
2013/04/05 11:19:53 (permalink)

Restaurant Operations HELP

First I just want to say that this website is great.  I stumbled upon it this morning and have wasted about 2 hours reading all the posts.  So I am a first poster!  I have always wanted to open a food truck and with the increasing popularity I might able to one day! Anyway, that is not why I am here.  I am a student at Florida International University getting my Master's in International Real Estate.  Myself, along with my group, have been tasked with choosing a property and determining if it is a good buy.

We may have bit off more than we can chew and decided to analyze a hotel/restaurant/golf course in Kentucky.  Still trying to figure out how we found the property and agreed to it?!  I have been tasked with putting together a restaurant P/L so that we can accurately determine if the property is worth it.  I do have 2 years of food-service experience but it was in sales, not operations.  Totally different ball game.

I am looking for some help in estimating traffic, payroll, food costs, drinks, etc.  It might be important to include that the restaurant will be located in a dry county.  However, the offering memo for the property states that the county is giving special permission to the property for a liquor license.  So the property will be the only place for residents to buy liquor within a 45 minute drive.

Any help anyone could through my way would be greatly appreciated!  I have reached out to a restaurant owner in my area with no luck.  He wasn't very friendly so I might reach out to a few others.

post edited by MurphyLawPTDEUX - 2013/04/05 15:39:31

18 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1