Gen Liability/commercial auto & # of burners needed

Author
foodgrrrl
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2013/04/09 16:07:12 (permalink)

Gen Liability/commercial auto & # of burners needed

Hi ~ newbie here, so big apologies if my questions have been asked a bajillion times already. 

Anyway ~ calling around for quotes.  Bolt won't give a quote on gen liab until my biz is up and running as I don't have specific answers to their questions. They did quote comm auto at $1700/year.  If the cart is staying at a fixed location (what I'm working on getting) do I need comm auto? Really hoping I don't have to move cart daily.  If there are any vendors in southern AZ (Cochise Cty) - please tell me who you use and what does a ballpark gen liab premium run (no frying or grilling on cart)? I don't want to start this biz until I have some idea how much everything is going to cost to get it running.

Next question:  should my first cart have 2 or 3 burners? Thinking 2 won't be enough for the extra stuff that needs keeping warm.  Would you recommend I just sell hot dogs w/plenty of options to go on them, or hot dogs + 1 to 2 types of sausages?  My experience consists of 2 months working a hot dog cart for a friend, and as I'm hoping to score a location that gets 200+ customers in a 2 hour timeframe I need to be able to put up the food quickly (and on my own).

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this....
Helga

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1