The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Knife Storage/Roll Ups

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
Knife Storage/Roll Ups Mon, 05/6/13 11:55 AM (permalink)
I've accumulated a lot of larger knives for specialty situations and butchering that don't see much use. I hate having them loose in a drawer and ridiculous to clutter up another pair of magnetic strips. Most are larger 10"-12" such as cimiters,breaking, slicers, cleavers, etc. I only need to keep a 10" Chef's, Steel, 8" bread, Nakiri, few pettys and paring knives out for daily use. The rest needs somewhere safe outside of cluttering up a drawer.

There's a lot of aftermarket companies that are selling knife rolls at reasonable prices I see on the net over brand name accessory rolls. I don't need a sling or intend to use it for transport, anything screaming professional chef, just to keep stuff together safely. Only requirement is at least 12 gussets and max length of a 12" blade.  I see that there are polyester reinforced with cloth as well as the old standby of canvas. I don't own anything fancy or forged, just an eclectic combination of stamped F.Dick and Forschner and a few Asian pieces. If anyone knows of a specialized roll or storage solution for cleavers, I could one for no more then 4.

It's hard to make a decision on something sight unseen and there isn't much in the way of reviews on generic, non-brandware. Any suggestions on something decent? 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com