Knife Storage/Roll Ups

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2013/05/06 11:55:49 (permalink)

Knife Storage/Roll Ups

I've accumulated a lot of larger knives for specialty situations and butchering that don't see much use. I hate having them loose in a drawer and ridiculous to clutter up another pair of magnetic strips. Most are larger 10"-12" such as cimiters,breaking, slicers, cleavers, etc. I only need to keep a 10" Chef's, Steel, 8" bread, Nakiri, few pettys and paring knives out for daily use. The rest needs somewhere safe outside of cluttering up a drawer.

There's a lot of aftermarket companies that are selling knife rolls at reasonable prices I see on the net over brand name accessory rolls. I don't need a sling or intend to use it for transport, anything screaming professional chef, just to keep stuff together safely. Only requirement is at least 12 gussets and max length of a 12" blade.  I see that there are polyester reinforced with cloth as well as the old standby of canvas. I don't own anything fancy or forged, just an eclectic combination of stamped F.Dick and Forschner and a few Asian pieces. If anyone knows of a specialized roll or storage solution for cleavers, I could one for no more then 4.

It's hard to make a decision on something sight unseen and there isn't much in the way of reviews on generic, non-brandware. Any suggestions on something decent? 

10 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1