The Perfect Burger IMHO

Author
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2455
2013/05/11 10:35:05 (permalink)

The Perfect Burger IMHO

IMHO, and I realize everyone like their burger many many different ways. I have worked in the food business for many years, I learned along time ago, I was doing my customer an injustice by telling them how something should be ordered and consumed. The day l removed the halo, thinking It was up to me to tell people how they should eat, or how their food should be prepared. When I designed menus, I always designed the recipes to meet the requirements and tastes of the majority of my customers. As a Chef, it was up to me to use the right amount of seasonings, not to over power,but, to blend for the taste I was looking for, for my customers.
   I watch some of the food shows, I see burgers that are twice the size of my mouth, sometimes even larger. My feeling is, the building of a perfect burger, should be, that, with every bite, a person should get a taste of everything on the burger. A burger should not me eaten with a knife and fork, a Burger should be eaten by picking it up and taking a bit.
The building of the Perfect burger........
1: The bun s/b made so it does not fall apart when eating, should be able to carry the weight of everything on it.

2: Lettuce s/b crisp I feel ice burg is the best, I think most restaurants use green leaf lettuce because it looks   better, and they are able to lay out a try of burger set-ups for faster service. I like the crunch of fresh ice burg lettuce.

3: The tomato s/b firm and full of flavor, I shake my head when I eat tomatoes in the winter. The tomato should not be to juicy so it drips and makes the burger a watery mess.

4: Bacon, s/b full of flavor, not greasy, not over or under cooked. A nice pepper bacon going real nice on a burger.

5: Mushrooms, fresh, sauteed in butter, not over or under cooked.

6: I put raw onion under the cheese just before I meal the cheese on the burger. I always have a hard tome keeping a onion slice from sliding off the burger.

7: there are many choices of cheese, any soft melting cheese works, just make sure its melted and running over the side a bit.

8: The burger, The burger s/b a good blend of meat to fat ratio. I want my burger cooked about Medium, still a bit pink in the center, full of juices. I feel a burger has to cook so the fats melt and combine to give the true flavor of the burger. There are many blends that people like. I use a 26 day dry age on my cows making the burger into a 85/15 blend, this works for me.

9: I use Mayo on the top bun, I put ketchup on as I go, I feel dips and spreads are different for everyone.

This is my version of a good burger, a good burger just doesn't happen, it's planned. this version is what I had on had in the house. If I were building the perfect burger I would not use a Store bought mass market bun. I would build a bun that would stand up to the weight of the burger & toppings.

This in my opinion of a good quality, homemade, Bacon Mushroom Cheese Burger........

I let the burger rest for a few minutes, I want the juices to stay in the burger. As you see, you can cook a medium burger without cooking the hell out of it.

This burger just fit in my mouth ( I have a big mouth) I was able to get all the toppings with every bit. The burger is soft and silky, jicy, well seasoned with salt and pepper and melts in your mouth.

pnwc
post edited by pnwchef - 2013/05/11 10:38:16

38 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1