Eye glass surveillance devices

Author
RodBangkok
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 402
2013/05/17 18:32:19 (permalink)

Eye glass surveillance devices

There's been a lot of press about these eye glass type surveillance devices lately.  First off I think they should be categorized as a surveillance device, not as a brand name which I won't use here to promote it.We are having a small debate internally now about how to handle these when they hit the market.  I've got pretty strong feelings that this type of device has crossed the line with regards to maintaining personal privacy, and providing an environment free from such intrusions in spaces we control.  Here's a few scenarios we're talking about, keep in mind there would be No Surveillance Device signs posted in the establishment:
     Person requesting a table, or a member of the party wearing said device.
     Person walks up to service counter to place an order wearing said device.
     Person approaches and asks a question to any staff member in the establishment wearing said device.
Your response:(As you are probably being recorded when this happens, your initial response will be important.)
I'm sorry the device your wearing is against our policies here, and I cannot respond concerning your question until you shut off and remove that device.
If the person responds they need it for medical condition, and the condition is not obvious, we then ask them to show a medical alert bracelet that reflects that need.
Everyone seems to have rolled over on the issue to taking pictures anywhere and everywhere with phones these days, but I think these type of devices cross a line that we all should not allow to be crossed.
Would you consider having a policy like this?
As a customer do you think you would wear such a device into a restaurant or other establishment?
How would you respond as an individual when approached by someone wearing one of these?
Related story:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22538854
post edited by RodBangkok - 2013/05/17 19:22:42

2 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1