Free Samples?

Author
jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 756
2013/06/16 22:00:44 (permalink)

Free Samples?

OK, I'm in a high traffic area, but not foot traffic. Other than Walmart and Lowes, there is no foot traffic in this town. Folks fly by, sometimes many times before they stop. After they stop they tend to come back, cuz my food is good. The problem is getting them to stop. I love the spot cuz it's easy pullin-pull-out and costs me nothing and is 10 mn. from my house with a store and commisary on the way. Really wanna make this spot work.

This is rural Virginia, an area with 18% unemployment. Demographics are mostly old people who have lived here all their lives and the people who take care of them. The only new business's around here are pharmacy's and Dollar stores. There are almost as many convience stores selling .89 dogs as there are churches.
I've had people drive thru and ask me how much for a dog and say I'm too expensive. They will drive 2 miles to save a quarter.
Since I know my food sells it's self, I was thinking of putting up a big sign saying "FREE SAMPLES!"
Cut up dogs and buns into thirds. Put my fabulous toppings on and give them a taste.
Let them taste even if they are not hungry. If they don't buy something on the spot, now they know where to go when they are.
Did a festival this weekend about 40 miles away. Had 4 or 5 people say they've seen me at my spot, but never stopped, thought this would be a good chance to try me. I think I hooked them all.
So, folks, ya think this may a good way to get people to at least try me? I really don't wanna give up this spot. I'm even planting flowers around it and maybe a picnic table in the shade. If I can get this spot established, I'll go for advertising(besides the social media).
Happy Fathers Day......Cheese

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1