Trip To Northern Michigan

Author
syrupmi
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 19
2013/06/18 21:22:14 (permalink)

Trip To Northern Michigan

Yesterday morning I got back from a seven day trip around Michigan.  I went from Pontiac to Marquette and back, stopping in Atlanta, (Atlanta Michigan, look it up it's there)  Paradise, St Ignace, Alpena, and Saginaw.  These are some of the food related highlights.

Somebody on this sight recommended Browns Fishery in Paradise.  I had the Whitefish and Fries.  It was really good so thanks for the heads up.  I remember from college the steak sandwich from Vangos.  It was still a greasy delight after 23 years.  I also went to the Rice Paddy which where I got take out the night before I graduated. 

The Main Street Café in Pickford is out of the way but recommended.  I ordered the Muniscong Burger and a trip to the salad bar.  Since I only made one trip the lady didn't charge me extra for it.  I also stop at Zendhers in Newberry, The Dreamland Café in Guliver, Jean Kay's in Marquette, and The Elk Café in Atlanta.  I fell of the Roadfood wagon In Alpena and Saginaw by going to Applebee's and the Outback Steakhouse.  I guess I was to tired to explore.

1 Reply Related Threads

lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6617
    Re:Trip To Northern Michigan 2013/06/18 23:43:51 (permalink)
    syrupmi
    Next time you get a hankering to go up north, head over towards Traverse City and go north to little Ellsworth where there are two gems.  Not Roadfood, but creative fine dining.  The first is Tapawingo and the other is the Rowe Inn.  When I lived in Traverse I ate at those two many times and the food was always awesome.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1