Outstanding BBQ/Bluegrass on the Mason Dixon Line

Author
Treetop Tom
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 351
2013/06/20 14:36:52 (permalink)

Outstanding BBQ/Bluegrass on the Mason Dixon Line

I thought I had found my favorite BBQ joint in the greater Gettysburg, PA, area when I stumbled across Hoffman’s just north of town on PA 34.  But I was mistaken – earlier this month my wife and I were coming back from a hike along the Appalachian Trail headed east on PA 16 towards Emmitsburg, MD, when we heard live bluegrass music coming down the road.  Then we smelled the smoker.  Turns out we had stumbled upon Frontier Bar-B-Q, a rustic roadside BBQ restaurant which has live bluegrass every couple of weeks during the summer.  Take-away style with picnic tables under pavilions and along the periphery of the shady parking lot.  Long line, but worth the wait.  The BBQ was very good – I had the Frontier Feast (pulled pork sandwich with fries, beans, slaw and a 16 oz. drink for $12) while the wife had a pit beef sandwich washed down with a sweet tea.  The meats were moist and smoky & fully capable of being flavorful without having to resort to drowning them in sauce (several flavors of which are available for you to add to your taste).  Wife said the pit beef was as good as anything we could get in Baltimore.  Hope to return soon to try their ribs.  Cash only, open Fri-Sun 11-5.  Be sure to check their calendar to make sure they are open the weekend you want to visit, because they seem to keep an irregular schedule.  3 miles northwest of Emmitsburg, MD, on MD 140/PA 16 (Waynesboro Pike).
http://www.frontierbarbq.com/

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1