Chicago, NYC, Philly, Washington DC

Author
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2458
2013/06/22 01:17:14 (permalink)

Chicago, NYC, Philly, Washington DC

We started our trip with a two night private room train ride from Pasco Wa, to Chicago. The meals are included, I would rate the meals on Amtrack to be like a meal at Denny's. Not exactly Roodfood, so we can call this Trackfood. The best part was breakfast, breakfast is hard to screw up, thank God. these are a few pictures of the train food we had on the trip, a few pictures of Mollie enjoying the beginning of her cross country 12 state adventure.

This was a Chicken dish with onion gravy and mashed potatoes

I think I showed a few pictures without Mollie being in them, how the heck did that happen..Mollie at dinner

you could see by Mollies face, she hates dessert.

The burger plate wasn't bad

this is Mahi Mahi

French toast and sausage, not bad, like I said Breakfast is a shoe in.

Mollies Chicken strips..she liked them

I just wanted to show you what the food looks like traveling by Amtrack train. Our cabin was fine, the bathrooms were down the hall, the shower was well stocked with towels, and everything you would need. The train went through Montana, the park service has people come on the train to talk about the history and what you will see along the way. When you book a room on the train, the train sleeper car has coffee and juice offered all day. They had a wine and cheese hour one afternoon. Sleeping on a train is like trying to sleep on a camel while he is running through the desert. The second night is better because your so tired you could sleep standing up if you have to. This is the fun of train travel, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...............See you all in Chicago, Mollie is looking forward to some Chicago Pizza and some shopping.

post edited by pnwchef - 2013/06/24 13:18:17

58 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1