Computer Hacked

Author
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2535
2013/06/22 09:24:24 (permalink)

Computer Hacked

I was traveling through NYC about two weeks ago, I used the wifi at my Hotel. The next morning I could not open Windows 7 on my laptop. I stopped trying after a few times, put the computer away and used my ipads the rest of the trip. Yesterday morning, I got a phone call on my home phone, my wife answered and told me it was a weird number, it just came through as RINGING. I talked with the man, he told me he was calling because my computer had been hacked, and I need to open my windows 7 so they could check it out. The people were from India or some place out that way. I asked them how they had my home number, they said they had it from when Windows 7 was registered. I knew I had a new phone number in the last year, so these guys are phony. I told them I wasn't able to open Windows 7, they became angry after a while and told me it would cost $225 to fix my computer. After using a few words I learned on the street corner, they knew they were had. I just wanted to give a heads up to our Roadfood members. They must have had my name and city to get my phone number. or maybe even got it on line, who knows. I called Norton Antivirus to check out my computer, they did a great job checking it out and removed anything that needed to be removed....................Don't get caught in the trap, I have a strange feeling this is the new normal.................

24 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1