Fried Apple Pies- Lee's

Author
jman
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1338
2013/06/25 07:51:59 (permalink)

Fried Apple Pies- Lee's

Yesterday, I made a quick stop at Lee's Famous Recipe to pick up dinner. While I was sitting in the drive-thru, I noticed a sign that read, "Fried Apple Pies- $.79". I decided to try one.

When I got home and unpacked the bag, I noticed that the fried pie didn't have a special box or bag, but instead, it was wrapped up in aluminum foil. I thought that was a little unusual for a chain. The biggest surprise came when I opened the foil. What I was looking at was a real "just like Mom used to make" fried pie. It was half-moon shaped and sprinkled with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. It tasted as good as it looked. The filling wasn't over-sweet and the crust was nice and crispy on the edges and tender in the middle. It really was like the fried pies my Mom made in a cast iron skillet.

I went to Lee's website to see if it was promoted there, and it wasn't on the site at all, so it makes me think that maybe it's just the local Lee's that's offering them. Has anyone seen these at your local Lee's.
post edited by jman - 2013/06/25 16:17:37

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1