Seattle on a Spenddown

Author
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
2013/07/01 02:27:51 (permalink)

Seattle on a Spenddown

One of the craziest things about my field is the spenddown. my clients can have only a very small amount of money in their savings and checking accounts or they will lose medical insurance. So on occasion we must spend a lot of money on things the client enjoys so we can be below the magic number. Some of u may remember my former client Ray, an autistic man who loves art, museums and pie. We have known each other for16 years and 3 months ago he moved into a new place and managed to accumulate enough money that he needed to spend fifteen hundred bucks quickly. His new group home asked Trudy and me to spend the money with him.Ray loves Seattle and that is where we deeded to go with him to do the spend down. His staff had already bought him a new wardrobe. We decided to spend the weekend at the Mayflower Park Hotel next to Westlake Center. Ray had loved this place in the past and it is in the heart of downtown only a few blocks from Pike Street market.
        Our day started as it usually does with a stop  in Portland for a late breakfast at road food reviewed Burgerville in east Portland. Ray indulged in a Tillamook cheeseburger and a seasonal fresh blackberry shake that he enjoyed very much while I ate a pepper bacon cheeseburger. Our drive to Seattle was marred by lots of roadwork and a traffic accident that caused enough of a delay to make the three hour trip a slog. We stopped at factory outlet stores in Centralia , Washington where Trudy bought a new purse and Ray bought a Seattle Marinesr cap, shirt and jacket. Another couple hours and we were in downtown Seattle . We drove to the 500  things reviewed Oh Chocolate store. The place is reviewed for superlative hot chocolate but it is not available all the time. But superb and interesting chocolate candy is available and and an intelligent and thoughtful staff was a great help in figuring out which of the many options to try. Annie and justin were knowing about the chocolates and photocopied the part of the 500 things borelated to their store. Mango Habanero was my favorite a superb Amaretto flavored candy was memorable(Annie's suggestion). A couple bittersweet chocolates were tasty and there was an Irish candy whose flavors did not get. Ray was excited at the profusion of flavors and i marveled at the Seattle foodie culture with suck smart and friendly staff. It was an expensive delight and there are also places in mercer island and some other Seattle suburbs. These are places well worth visiting.
     We arrived at the mayflower park soon after.

post edited by mr chips - 2013/07/21 11:08:26

21 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1