The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Need advice on shipping hot dogs..

yuppicide

• Total Posts: 185
Need advice on shipping hot dogs.. Tue, 07/9/13 9:14 PM (permalink)
My Mom's Birthday is coming. The food place I was going to get stuff from in Pennsylvania closed! Well, there's another place, but it's an hour further. No thanks.

So, I got the idea to drive to Mamaroneck, NY for Walter's Hot Dogs. Her Husband is from there.

My idea is to see if they will give me the dogs separate from the buns. Guess I'll put some paper towels in a Ziploc and put the dogs in there. In the other Ziploc I'll put the buns. They will give me mustard on the side, as they sell it in jars or bottles.

So, I was thinking in a 3rd and fourth Ziploc bag I'll put ice packs or gel packs and put those around the hot dogs.

It's being sent Express, which is 2 days travel to Hawaii.

Think this sounds okay? Dry ice is such a hassle to ship with.. need to get special box, get there before the dry ice place closes, then make it to the post office before they close, etc.

This way it'll be quick.. I'll have the box all ready to go. The shipping label all ready. Just get the hot dogs, shove them in, seal the box, and mail it. Then go back to order hot dogs of my own!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com