The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Been a tough road....

djdawg

• Total Posts: 439
Been a tough road.... Sun, 07/14/13 4:17 PM (permalink)
It's been almost a year since I started slinging dogs and I think I'm about done.  I have come to the realization that there really is not much money in this business UNLESS you have a very, very good location.  Everyone's situation is different but for me at least, if I sell any less then 40 dogs a day on a regular basis, I fall behind.  I'm single, have no other work and this is my sole source of income.  My biggest mistake when I started all of this a year ago is not placing enough importance on having enough cash flow for essentials...thinking in my mind "it's only hot dogs".  But even with "just hot dogs" things add up and quick.

There is a company that I wanted to go work for a few weeks ago but I will need to wait 12 months until I get on with them...I won't get into why but that's the reality.  Until then, I will push forward with slinging dogs for another year trying to hold on....I do have a brand new location that I'll be starting in a little over a week and who knows, if it turns into a gold mine, I might just hang around.  (See my thread about cheapest way to make a sandwich sign)

I hope some of you are doing better..... 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com