A closer look at a Georgia specialty

Author
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 465
2013/07/21 02:35:01 (permalink)

A closer look at a Georgia specialty

Regular readers of my blog, Marie, Let's Eat!, may recall that we've preached about a quite unique Georgia specialty that is called Hudson's-style sauce.  We've visited more than 230 barbecue restaurants since we started the blog in 2010, and only found this treat in six restaurants within a small area, along with a companion insanely hot mustard sauce that is in those same six, plus two others in the area.  Hudson was interviewed by Amy of Southern Foodways, but otherwise this regional treat has been largely undocumented and unreported by anybody but us.   Particularly in light of Robb Walsh's recent dismissal of Georgia barbecue in his new book, I'm keen to try telling people about what they're missing when they write us off.

In today's post, I take a closer and more detailed look at this stuff and its coverage area.  I'm hoping that maybe some Roadfood readers might know of one or two other places that serve it so that we can visit them and include them in our knowledge base.  Check it out when you have a minute, and if you're on social media or have your own blogs, please spread the word so that I can track down more information:

http://bit.ly/1179gE2

Thanks!
post edited by Heartbreaksoup - 2013/07/21 02:37:09

11 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1