The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Sun, 08/4/13 12:13 AM (permalink)
I've recently had a number of one day adventures in the Portland -Vancouver area. This forum topic will be a series of one day adventures of interesting things and adventures that Trudy or I have had over the last couple months. A little bit road food, a lot of adventure and  pretty good days for us.
       Our first adventure was a  concert at the Oregon Zoo. We began the evening with a stop at the road food reviewed Burgerville, a mini northwest fast food chain that serves regional fast food that is wondrous. At that time, the food was Walla Walla sweet onion rings. Like Vidalias, these onions  are sweet, tasty and unbelievably dellicious. They are an annual rite of food passage for northwest foodies that Michael Stern has written about and they were a great start to the eveining.
       The Oregon zoo has sponsored summer concerts at the zoo for over 20 years. I was especially excited because we were going  to see two of my favorites from the 80's, the all woman glorious rock and rollers the Go-Go's and one of my all time favorite party bands the B-52's. The Go Go's were first and i was transfixed. The beautiful Belinda Carlisle was back, lead singer of hits that I still love. Vacation, all the hits, a few new ones. I have also loved their harmonies and songs and it was good to see them together. By the time they finished their set with a rousing version of "We Got the Beat", I was stoked. The memories of dancing to their music, watching the videos and falling in love with Belinda Carlisle were strong and brought back a different time. Trudy was nice to put up with this.
         The memories of the b-52 were even stronger. They were a party band whose records I wore out. My Own Private Idaho, Planet Claire , Love Shack and of coure the last song of the night,"Rock Lobster.* We all danced, sang and enjoyed our lovely trip back to the 80's. What an evening, what memories. What music. It was a heck of a time and my 60 years felt youthful again. A great time
<message edited by mr chips on Thu, 09/12/13 10:02 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com