Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39
mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Tue, 08/27/13 7:36 AM (permalink)
Roger Goodell wanted a cold weather Super Bowl in an outdoor stadium. Blech!

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
    Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Thu, 08/29/13 4:35 PM (permalink)
    Dining guide to the Rogue Valley in southern Oregon | OregonLive.com
    sneaking this  guide to my area into Mr. Chips's thread. He won't mind. :)

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1273
      Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Thu, 08/29/13 7:47 PM (permalink)
      EdSails

Yes, the B-52's and the Go-Go's were certainly a great part of rock. I always get a kick when I hear "Love Shack".

Ditto.  And back in the day I drove a huge '65 "Chrysler that seats about 20." 

mr chips

Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Sat, 08/31/13 1:48 PM (permalink)
        An old friend from college visited me this week. Mark went to Willamette and shares my love for travel lists and sports and was a fellow lover of diners and oddball places, a precursor to my love of road food. I had not seen him for 16 years. He is a corporate lawyer and lives in Agana, Guam. He married a doctor late in life and he wanted to meet Trudy and Sam. We had a nice dinner at Kornblatt's Deli(road food reviewed)and stopped for dessert at the Salt and Straw,  a gourmet ice cream place with interesting flavors. i had a goat cheese, marionberry and habanero cone, Sam and mark's wife had a strawberry champagne sorbet. The lines at both places are always long. Mark and i had a fun time reconnecting and after  the visit , parted. happy to reconnect. Sam found out my deep dark secret which was not that i was a hard partier but a grind, studying at the willamette law library  because it was open till midnight. A good day.

<message edited by mr chips on Sun, 09/1/13 6:30 PM>

1bbqboy

Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Sat, 08/31/13 2:13 PM (permalink)

1bbqboy

Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Thu, 09/12/13 11:59 AM (permalink)
            hijacking Mr. Chips' thread for the winners of the Mountain Vistas 
            contest from the Salem Statesman Journal-
             Mountain vistas contest comes down to the wire with stunning images | Statesman Journal | statesmanjournal.com

mr chips

Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Fri, 01/31/14 12:55 PM (permalink)
              In November Trudy and I took a brief trip to Seattle on a Thursday evening and Friday morning so we could finally visit a couple road food places we had never managed to get to.  Chandler's Crabhouse(mentioned in the 500 things book) no longer serves it's off the menu crab louis, But it serves numerous versions of oysters We ordered six or 7 varieties of oysters which offered a varied group which were, wonderfuli. It was pleasant evening on nthe waterfront. 
                Next day we ate lunch at Bakesman's, a working class sandwich shop with tasty turkey sandwiches which are the best I have ever. They are delicious, the service lightning quick and efficient. We hit the store just before lunch rush and it was filled and all customers seemed delighted  with  their food. Dinner was mac and cheese at the Icon Grill, a delightfully retro dinner tith good food served at retro prices with some upscale stuff  at higher prices. We met a couple from Anchorage who were on their way to SoCcal bur loved this place enough to stay overnight In Seattle, I visited the new Seattle city history museum and some docks dedicated  to sailboat repair. A pleasant afternoonn and evening at a new Seattle museum convenienlym locatedon a light rail line

<message edited by mr chips on Sat, 02/1/14 8:59 AM>

mr chips

Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Sat, 02/1/14 9:24 AM (permalink)
                A couple weeks back Sam and I attended our first Trailbalzer game of the year together. Sam started his classes atPortland Community College(PCC) this fall, worked at a men's clothing store and woks at the Mota center duringBlazer hames. We saw the Blazers play the OrlandoMagic weeks bak after a two game losing strea. Both teams rely on outside shooting, both team shot poorly, and the Bllaers trailed by 6 after 3 quarter. But all-stars LmaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lilliard were deadeye in the and Blazers won by 15. A pleasant game though the  team has been slumping.lately. Sam is knowledgable fan, the food service at he Mota Center much improved and we enjoyed our evening

mr chips

Re:Potpourri in the Pacific Northwest Sun, 02/2/14 2:35 PM (permalink)
                  The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry(OMSI) had an excellent exhibition this fall featuring the greatest detective in the world Sherlock Holmes. It featured information about London of the late 19th and early 20th century. Each section provided clues and u tried to solve the mystery. There was also a recreation of Holmes living area. It was fun and I enjoyed the eager young minds working out the puzzles. As a former Sherlockian it was a joy to see young folks exercising their minds and again falling for the detective's charms.
                  <message edited by mr chips on Sun, 02/2/14 5:27 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com