Severe Sooting problem with my "All American Hot Dog Cart"

Author
Hungry Dog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
2013/08/06 12:21:13 (permalink)

Severe Sooting problem with my "All American Hot Dog Cart"

Hi all,
     I have an "New York City Street Cart" from  All American Hot Dog Carts in Miami. I have had it for about a year now and have to put up with a very severe sooting problem. Just the two 1/3 pans over the two burners. The middle one gets very little soot. But this stuff is so bad I have to scrape it off the bottoms of the pans before I do anything or this S**t gets everywhere.

WHAT I HAVE DONE ALREADY

I have removed and cleaned the entire burner assembly including both gas valves supplying  the burners. I have removed the Trip basin sink and panel & inspected the 1/8" copper propane line for kinks. I have also replaced the regulator, twice. I know normally to avoid soot you need to have a proper gas/air mixture. My flame is mostly yellow. I have adjusted the air valves on the burners both ways with little difference. At the moment they are wide open. Man I am at a loss, can any one relate?
 It takes about 30-45 minutes to heat a gallon of water for my weenies. That seems a little long. What do you guys think?
 I have a griddle too, but that seems to work fine. Of course I have nothing to compare it to.

Anybody else every have similar problems? Could it be cheap burners or valves on the cart? Do I need new parts maybe?

Thanks Guys
Leo

20 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1