Any concessionaires out there doing State Fair mini donuts?

Author
Kaisermust
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2013/08/08 20:06:24 (permalink)

Any concessionaires out there doing State Fair mini donuts?

Second year in the food concession business.  Looking to add mini donuts (or some other type of baked goods) to my concession menu for the cooler months (fall/spring) to go with my coffees/smoothies and frozen drinks.  But I don't have a trailer and I can't afford nor do I want to get involved with a hot oil machine such as Lil Orbits.  I know all you concessionaires who do have a Lil Orbits machine sell scads of donuts and make boatloads of money  but that's just not for me.  I'm a one woman show, just starting out.  My main business is an italian ice cart and now I want to add to my menu.  Do any of you who sell mini donuts sell the State Fair mini donuts (where you bake them in a conveyor toaster)?  I know the cost of goods is very expensive compared to the Lil Orbits and you could probably only keystone them, not make the 300-400% profit margin you can on the Lil Orbits, but I'm just curious to know how they do for you?  Do they sell?  Do they have an aroma that draws customers?  Can you make a decent markup on them?  Or if any of you concessionaires have ideas for other bake-and-sell bakery items or pre-packaged bakery items (cookies, brownies, cheesecakes) that have done real well in sales for you I'm open to suggestions.   Again already prepared because I'm a lousy baker and more importantly I don't have the funds to add a commercial kitchen on to my house for health regs.  Thanks. - Deb, Upstate NY

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1