Where is the "Road" in Roadfood?

Author
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6382
2013/08/10 16:28:22 (permalink)

Where is the "Road" in Roadfood?

I have read the JMS books for many years, and I have loved reading them.  I have always wondered though... Where is the "Road" in roadfood?  The books often mention unique things to see or visit while in the area and even where the best state penitentiary (sp) is to go shopping, but other than the odd mention here or there the road gets left out.

There are several posters that do a wonderful "job" of posting their trip reports, and their reports are much more than the food itself.  Their reports are full of the "road" portion of the compound word "roadfood".  I congratulate and thank those posters who take the time to do the comprehensive trip reports.  I know what a PITA they can be, and the time that goes into them.  I wish I was travelling more and posted such wonderful reports.

I love seeing the museums from around the country, the local, state and national parks.
I love seeing the Art Deco buildings that Cliff finds, and the ball parks the Dale finds.  The scenery in Ralph's Texas thread is breath taking, and there are many others out there.
I love the odd roadside attractions that dot the landscape.
I love the old amusement and trolly parks that still exist, or the old boardwalks too.
I would love to be able to visit all the zoos across the country.

There is so much more of the "road" out there that never gets discussed or shared with.

So am I off my nut?  or Where is the "road" in roadfood?

18 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1