The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Hi, Just Introducing Myself and My Business

Sun Spot

• Total Posts: 17
Hi, Just Introducing Myself and My Business Sun, 08/18/13 7:56 PM (permalink)
Hi.  Just recently found your site, and all the helpful contributors on it.  I've been in the food concession business three years now, Sun Spot sells mini donuts at fairs, festivals and farmers markets.  In the winter we can add coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cider, during the summer it is lemonade.  Mostly we are in the greater Seattle area.

I started as a "mobile food booth", we were in a renovated pop-up trailer.  Set-up and take down was quick, but it was too small to allow any expansion, such as the addition of coffee/tea or fresh lemonade.  In our second year we moved into a food booth and added fresh squeezed lemonade to the business during the hotter summer months.  However we spend an hour or two in set-up and another hour in breakdown.  Now in a third year, we are gutting a 1965 travel trailer and renovating it.  Haven't decided if we'll license it with the State (which will allow us to travel and not get a permit for every festival or farmers market we set up at,  but rather a county permit), or still continue to license per location as a "mobile food booth", which reduces flexibility but might allow us to not need to get a hood and a fire suppression system for the trailer.  Still trying to puzzle out the regulations.

We are busy in the late spring, summer and early fall, and then a blip for some holiday shows.  Over the years, we've built a good reputation for a quality product, but I'll need to step it up a notch - perhaps selling close to a transit base for morning rush hours?  Otherwise it will just be a hobby providing a nice part time job to folks who work for me, and not a paying job for me.

I'm enjoying the forum.  I've been reading some old posts, and new ones, and learning as I go.

Thanks,
-Pam
Sun Spot 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com