The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck

roadkillgrill

• Total Posts: 174
Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Wed, 08/21/13 3:51 PM (permalink)
A food trucks worse nightmare

http://www.theatlanticwir...k/67792/?oref=obinsite

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Wed, 08/21/13 6:33 PM (permalink)
    Why is it a nightmare? $170 and no tip? I'd be pissed too.

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1503
      Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Wed, 08/21/13 8:35 PM (permalink)
      Much ado about nothing......and the company should be ashamed for even responding as it did.  Guees I'll keep my massive funds where they are.....and keep on tipping good fooders.

KurtSara

• Total Posts: 181
        Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Wed, 08/21/13 8:37 PM (permalink)
        1bbqboy

Why is it a nightmare? $170 and no tip? I'd be pissed too.

Our food is priced accordingly, we do not have a tip jar nor do we expect a tip.
        We do get some tips, but I could care less if they don't tip.

Rcoy

• Total Posts: 91
          Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Wed, 08/21/13 11:54 PM (permalink)
          I assume you own the establishment, where the individual in question was an employee.

fishscale28

• Total Posts: 224
            Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Thu, 08/22/13 12:59 AM (permalink)
            I pay all my employees well enough to where tips are an added benefit.  We don't pay on server's wage so anyone is depending on tips to make their money...if they don't get tipped well enough then it should be water under the bridge...it happens...if they're dependent on tips then bartending should be what they're looking for not a food truck...but REGARDLESS! - hospitality says bitching about a tip is a no-no...ever.

daddywoofdawg

• Total Posts: 299
              Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Thu, 08/22/13 1:36 PM (permalink)
              tipping is a choice not required!yes they should of tipped, but to dis a customer because they didn't, I would of fired him too.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1210
                Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Thu, 08/22/13 2:14 PM (permalink)
                At one point, years ago, I drove a limo/car service part time. Whenever the service wanted to try an experiment, I would be the tester. As lunchtime was the deadest part of the day, they tried having me do food deliveries during that period. I was paid per hour + tips (that and the fact that I was the one who was used for experiments were not unrelated). In any case, there WERE customers who were very cheap, or non-existent, with tips. This was particularly annoying to me when I had to make a long trip, and/or the order was very large. In any case, I would never have dreamed of publicly announcing what had happened. I told my manager and the food provider, and let them deal with (or choose not to deal with) the customer as they saw fit.

This is true for waitstaff, as well. If a customer fails to tip, or leaves a very small tip, then the manager should be informed; the manager should then, if possible, ask the customer if there were any problems. If the customer says no AND asks why, then and only then should the tip be mentioned.

Bart

roadkillgrill

• Total Posts: 174
                  Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck Sat, 08/24/13 1:29 AM (permalink)
                  Agreed,  KurtSara & fishscale, we don't allow a tip jar either. The only time a jar has gone out, it's to raise money for a cause. I pay my employees very well and any employee that uses social media in that matter will be fired on the spot before flour and hit the floor. This is why we have employment agreements. You spend time and money building a clientele for some employee to take that away from you in one tweet.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com