The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

NEW INFO - Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - APRIL 12, 2014

Change Page: << < ..212223 | Showing page 23 of 23, messages 661 to 682 of 682
Big_g

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Thu, 04/10/14 7:20 PM (permalink)
TJ, thanks for the heads up about Jim Dandy...You nailed it...service was snippy, the sides (red beans and rice & potato salad) tasted as tho they were canned at best.  The pulled pork tho was really fairly tasty...smoky and moist.  Sauce was a meh! and the bread pudding was laughable.  But it filled the spot where lunch should've gone.
and thanks for the call too....

ChiTownDiner

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Thu, 04/10/14 11:02 PM (permalink)
    TJ Jackson

Big_g

I'm between a skyline and a big boy..next to a BBQ joimt😁

The bbq joint is Jim Dandy's.  It was originally pretty good but gets very poor reviews of late, for several years now.  Not recommended.  If you do not have plans for dinner tonight, I recommend you head east towards sharonville, where you can choose from

--several good indian restaurants
    --a very good Taiwanese restaurant called the House of Sun http://www.urbanspoon.com...ouse-of-Sun-Cincinnati
    --roadfood-listed http://www.therootbeerstand.com/ , which should be open by now (call first) (get the chili dogs and a root beer, skip the burgers)

or of course you get get all chili-fied right away, and just hit Skyline right next door

There is also an Izzy's a few miles away if you want corned beef/pastrami/potato pancakes: http://www.urbanspoon.com...-Park/Izzys-Cincinnati

The Root Beer Stand is indeed open...went there Wednesday evening...cash only!

ChiTownDiner

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Thu, 04/10/14 11:06 PM (permalink)
      sudie

Hi everyone...crazy busy this week, but I'd love to meet you at 3:00 at the sign museum. I'm so looking forward to meeting you folks...I've been reading this forum and posting a little for 10 years. So Cajun King, please add me to your group for the sign museum. My kids are already asking "you're going off with people you met on the internet?"

You're all set...the list is updated...looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 12:56 AM (permalink)
        5 hours tell I hit the road. I'm all packed and ready to go!

Ava and I will be eating at Izzy's Sunday before we leave town.

ChiTownDiner

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 6:24 AM (permalink)
          We're heading to Sugar 'n Spice for breakfast at 7am...got at least 5!

Big_g

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 7:34 AM (permalink)
            Just saw this..even if I hurry i'll probably miss y'all..are you headed anywhere after Sugar and spice?

Big_g

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 8:12 AM (permalink)
              Must have missed y'all neat place.

buffetbuster

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 8:25 AM (permalink)
                Gary, I sent you a private message with my phone number. Give me a call! We are now headed for Findlay Market!

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
                  Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 8:32 AM (permalink)
                  Big_g
                  Made it safe and sound...What's going on..anyone
                  A group of us are getting together at Terry's Turf Club just before 11am, then moving on from there.  Lots of stops today on the "unofficial" tour.

Buddy

jjjrfoodie

• Total Posts: 422
                    Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 10:37 AM (permalink)
                    I'm still in for Sat meet up for as long as I can but pressing family matters may call me away by early to mid afternoon .

Picked up Schneckens for buffetbuster and Buddy R. 6:30 am today. :)
                      Do with them what you will once in you posession. LOLZ.

See ya'll in the A.M. Sat.

jjjrfoodie

<message edited by jjjrfoodie on Fri, 04/11/14 6:19 PM>

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 9:07 PM (permalink)
                      Looking forward to seeing you again Jerry!

Being the magnanimous individuals we are, buffetbuster and I will most likely share the Schnecken wealth with the group when there's an appropriate, non-chili moment.

Buddy

P.S. We're hoping to see as many Cincinnati Roadfooders as possible here in your own town.  Even if you can't make a commitment for the whole day, maybe you can join the group for just a couple of stops.

Anyone interested in staying in touch with me during the day tomorrow should send me a PM and I'll give you my cellphone number.

B.

Big_g

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Fri, 04/11/14 9:22 PM (permalink)
                        WOW! What a great day...I stopped just prior to being STUFFED.
                        I know y'all had some GREAT Ice cream...but I came back to the room and made some coffee.....ahhh! Feet up tube on :)
                        Will see y'all in the morning!! 

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sat, 04/12/14 12:31 AM (permalink)
                          Ava and I got to town about 1400 Friday. I crashed for 2 hours and then headed downtown for a Reds game. After the game the 4 of us went to Camp Washington for.... Yep you guessed it Chili!

Now in bed relaxing and getting my game face on for tomorrow.

Bonk

• Total Posts: 505
                            Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sat, 04/12/14 4:11 AM (permalink)
                            Nm.
                            <message edited by Bonk on Sat, 04/12/14 5:43 PM>

Tumbleweed365

• Total Posts: 179
                              Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sat, 04/12/14 10:32 AM (permalink)
                              WOW !

What a surprise to open up the local news on Channel 9, on my computer, and find an article about the

Chili Crawl !

Congrats to Bonk.

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sat, 04/12/14 11:24 PM (permalink)
                                Tumbleweed, jjjrfoodie, TJ Jackson, et al,
                                Sorry so many locals were unable to join the fun Saturday, you were certainly missed!

Mrs. Roadhouse and I are still formulating plans for Sunday before we hit the road.  If anyone is available for lunch or other early afternoon activities, feel free to PM me and I'll forward my cellphone # for further discussion and plans.

Hope to see some Cincy folks on Sunday!

Buddy
                                <message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Sat, 04/12/14 11:25 PM>

Tumbleweed365

• Total Posts: 179
                                  Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sun, 04/13/14 9:26 AM (permalink)
                                  Tried to PM you but it came back saying that you didn't accept messages.
                                  We do seem to have a history of missing one another !
                                  Have a safe trip back, how many cases of chili are
                                  You carrying with you ?
                                  Tumbleweed

sudie

• Total Posts: 228
                                    Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sun, 04/13/14 1:21 PM (permalink)
                                    My first Roadfood event, and I'm so glad I went! I met some great folks and had some interesting food-centric conversations. The food, of course, was sublime. Thanks so much, Buddy Roadhouse, for my bottle of BBQ sauce and how nice to know I can get replenishments at Jungle Jim's. Safe travels, everyone!

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6256
                                      Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sun, 04/13/14 2:19 PM (permalink)

My two bottles of BBQ sauce clandestinely dealt out of the trunk of Buddy's car in a dark parking lot..........

Big_g

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Sun, 04/13/14 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                        Made it about 3:15, great trip, great group of people and good food...what more could you want.
                                        Hope everyone has a safe trip home..and hope Cliff is feeling better soon.
                                        See you next time.
                                        Big_g
                                        Gary

Bonk

• Total Posts: 505
                                          Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Mon, 04/14/14 1:49 AM (permalink)
                                          Enjoyed meeting all of you folks I've conversed with for years. I wish I could've hit more stops -- this is just a busy time of year for me, and this year has been especially busy for me/us.

I hope everyone got home OK and I'd love to meet up again sometime when life isn't so chaotic.

buffetbuster

Re:Cincinnati Style Chili & Coney Crawl - Fall 2013 Thu, 04/17/14 11:15 AM (permalink)
                                            Big_g

Hope everyone has a safe trip home..and hope Cliff is feeling better soon.
                                            Your thoughts are much appreciated Gary!  What terrible timing to get sick, but it happens.  Had Cousin Johnny and wanderingjew not been with me, I have no idea how I would have gotten home.  Feeling much better now, even though I did cancel my weekend plans to Kansas City.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                              Change Page: << < ..212223 | Showing page 23 of 23, messages 661 to 682 of 682

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                              • No New Messages
                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                              • Read Message
                                              • Post New Thread
                                              • Reply to message
                                              • Post New Poll
                                              • Submit Vote
                                              • Post reward post
                                              • Delete my own posts
                                              • Delete my own threads
                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com