Displaced restaurants on TV and in the Movies

Author
southjerseymichigan
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 38
2013/09/11 05:40:11 (permalink)

Displaced restaurants on TV and in the Movies

i just saw a Displaced Diner on TV in recent nights. The Elwood Bar and Grill of downtown Detroit showed up in Philadelphia, at least per "Cold Case" episode "Perfect Day." i recognized it right away.
i used to go by twice a day 5 days a week at its original location (Elizabeth and Woodward, hence its name "Elwood"). it was relocated due to ballpark construction.
in the 1980's i saw it on an episode on the short-lived remake of "The Untouchables" only this time in Chicago. it was harder to identify so i had a "lifer" friend and his "lifer" wife view it with me, and they agreed that it sure looked like the Elwood. there was a reddish sliver in the background which we believe was the edge of the now-gone old YMCA, a brick hotel highrise.
i called the local TV station to ask about any filming being done, and they did not know of any.
i wrote the show and found out, like i by now suspected, that it was "Stock footage" - they had a different name for the concept - and had no idea what the place was or where it was located, but appreciated me pointing it out to them.
anybody else know of any "traveling" eateries like that?

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1