The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Help finding Chicago Pizza Restaurant - Unique

pbwhitab

• Total Posts: 1
Help finding Chicago Pizza Restaurant - Unique Mon, 03/29/04 7:46 PM (permalink)
Some 25 years ago I ate at a very unique pizza restaurant in downtown Chicago. The pizza was prepared in 1 or 2 pound bowls, brought to your table, turned upside down and poured out on your plate. It appeared that the pizza ingrediants were put in the bowl and topped by a crust before inserting in an oven.
As indicated, you either ordered a 1 pound or 2 pound pizza. I thought it was called Uno pizza but I am told that the current Uno's is not anything like what I have described above. I want to take my family ther the week end of April 9th but can't remember the name or location of this unique style of pizza. Please help! If you can help please email this address which is my wifes or to me at cwhitman43@aol.com. Thanks in advance.

baileych

• Total Posts: 1
    RE: Help finding Chicago Pizza Restaurant - Unique Mon, 03/29/04 8:30 PM (permalink)

Zarathustra

• Total Posts: 7
      RE: Help finding Chicago Pizza Restaurant - Unique Thu, 04/29/04 3:43 AM (permalink)
      The upside down bowl pizza definitely was not Uno. I believe it was the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder, which may have been on Clark -- right near where the Valentine's Day Massacre happened -- if memory serves me.

Bloozman

• Total Posts: 13
        RE: Help finding Chicago Pizza Restaurant - Unique Sat, 02/18/06 12:11 AM (permalink)
        you all get a gold star...Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder on N Clark Street is the correct answer....enjoy

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com