Help! I need your opinion on this idea.

Author
bluefire2121
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2013/11/05 15:45:25 (permalink)

Help! I need your opinion on this idea.

Hello everybody, 
Feel free to call me D. :-) I'm a first time poster so be easy on me.

A lot has changed in the restaurant industry, but one thing that hasn't changed is the way we order our food. I can't figure out why I need a server/waiter to take my order back to the kitchen for me. What if I could do that on my own (not walk back into the kitchen, but order my food on my own)? If the menu is in my possession, why can't I just touch the menu items I want and have them sent straight back to the kitchen? 

For counter service, why can't I choose the items I want and place them into the computer? What if the cashier wasn't tied to this instruction? What if he or she was free to be more of a greeter? I bet I'd have more of a satisfying restaurant experience. 

I want to put the POS system into the hands of the customer. I want to build an interface that's intuitive, visually attractive, and quick to transact. I want to make it so the customer can pay with cash or card without the need for a cashier. 

I'd like your input on this idea. Does this sounds like something worth pursuing or does it come across as hogwash? Please tell me your opinion of what a great POS system should include. Constructive criticism is appreciated and I'll be sure to give credit where credit is due. 

Thanks in advance for the comments. 
post edited by bluefire2121 - 2013/11/05 15:56:36

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1