The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Noodle/Chicken noodle soup recipes?

Foodpinup

• Total Posts: 2
Noodle/Chicken noodle soup recipes? Fri, 11/15/13 12:26 AM (permalink)
For dinner, I have to make noodle soup for some visitors. Can someone direct me or place some Noodle Soup/Chicken Noodle Soup recipes below?

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2234
    Re:Noodle/Chicken noodle soup recipes? Sat, 11/16/13 12:44 PM (permalink)
    I make a Chicken stock frst with a whole chicken and whats called a Mirepoix - Aromatic Vegetables - Carrots, Celery and Onion. Salt and pepper to taste and some thyme. Start with cold water, bring the water up to a point just before it boils, turn back heat to a simmer, just seeing movement in the liquid. Skim the top as needed so you get a nice clear stock. Simmer until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the vegetables are tender and soft. Strain the stock, discard the vegetables and pick the meat off the bones. Now chop small bite size pieces of Carrots, celery and onions, put into the stock and cook until tender. Put in S & P to taste along with thyme and parsley. Boil egg noodles until tender, put into soup before serving. If you like you can serve the  cooled noodles in a bowl at the table, this way your guests can put in what they like, it also helps cool the soup for eating. I like this idea so you don't have over cooked noodles in the leftover soup pot........Stp one is making a stock, you can buy a chicken stock and a roasted chicken to make this soup making event a bit easier.............Good luck.....pnwc

<message edited by pnwchef on Sat, 11/16/13 12:55 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com