Hot!Roadfood Loyalty Oath?

Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2783
2013/12/05 10:32:31 (permalink)

Roadfood Loyalty Oath?

wanderingjew

On an aside, I live in a  small-medium sized city and although I  keep "normal" hours meaning I'm never out past 11pm or before 7am, I have never had to resort to going to chains...It is simply beyond my comprehension why this is "such a problem" for others.

I guess I missed the pledge to forgo all chain restaurants when I registered at Roadfood.com. Frankly, I think the very suggestion of this is ridiculous and I make no attempt to avoid chain restaurants. In the last 12 months I've patronized the following chains and am damn proud of it:
  • Smashburger
  • Domino's
  • Bojangles
  • P.F. Changs
  • Which Wich?
  • Five Guys
  • Noodles
  • Culver's
  • Papa John's
  • In-N-Out Burger
  • Jimmy John's
  • Dickey's Barbecue
  • Sonic Drive-in
  • Stir Crazy
  • Pei Wei
Of those, the only place I was less than completely satisfied was Five Guys. They never taste as good as they smell.

In that same period I have dined at many non-franchised restaurants (including Roadfood-reviewed places) and have been disappointed very often. I believe that most non-chain restaurants are rubbish. There's a reason that chains continue to thrive, they are generally better than Mom & Pop restaurants. In fact, the very existence of this website and the Roadfood books supports my belief. If good non-chain restaurants were easy to find, Roadfood.com would not need to exist.

It's a fact!

post edited by JRPfeff - 2013/12/05 13:10:01

155 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1