The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Wendy's supplies the Munchies as well as an answer for them.......

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3588
Wendy's supplies the Munchies as well as an answer for them....... Thu, 12/5/13 6:03 PM (permalink)

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2245
    Re:Wendy's supplies the Munchies as well as an answer for them....... Fri, 12/6/13 6:35 PM (permalink)
    Another potential $15 employee bites the dust...........

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
      Re:Wendy's supplies the Munchies as well as an answer for them....... Sat, 12/7/13 8:06 AM (permalink)
      Do you really oppose people in fast food, that work hard? I am surprised.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2245
        Re:Wendy's supplies the Munchies as well as an answer for them....... Sat, 12/7/13 9:08 AM (permalink)
        ann peeples

Do you really oppose people in fast food, that work hard? I am surprised.

Ann, everyone who works, works hard. I oppose the $15 min wage for fast food employees, I figure a $10 wage would be closer to being right. I started working for Min wage in Hawaii, after leaving a good job with General Electric. I was 26 yrs old, I wanted to start at the bottom and work my way up. I have worked in over 25 food services, all kinds of food services, from Fast food to fine dining. I went from Min wage to making 6 figures in my career. I am thankful to live in a land that gives me the opportunity to do so. Try living in Hawaii on min wage, it wasn't up to Hawaii to give me money. It was up to me to work and do what was needed in my life, for my family, to live the life I waned for my family.
          Ann, there are people graduating culinary school that don't make $15 an hr, Chefs that don't make $15 an hr. Most jobs don't pay $15 an hr, this would upset the whole balance of what is going on in every business. I will end this with, I have worked for min wage, I wasn't worth more, just because I needed more. It was up to me to be a worker that deserves more, because, I'm worth more because of what I do.............

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3303
          Re:Wendy's supplies the Munchies as well as an answer for them....... Sat, 12/7/13 10:37 AM (permalink)
          From the very beginning, they have said the $15 is a rallying point, not something they in any way think they can reasonably expect to get. They're actually trying for $9.00 and hour, because you can come really close to actually supporting yourself on that.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
            Re:Wendy's supplies the Munchies as well as an answer for them....... Sat, 12/7/13 6:11 PM (permalink)
            All I am saying is give me 9 bucks an hour.....minimum wage is 7.25..........I work HARD..
            Bob and I have lived, barely, on this. We have both lost tons of weight, and this is garbage......

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com