The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Bon Ton Mini Mart under new management

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
Bon Ton Mini Mart under new management Mon, 12/23/13 10:33 AM (permalink)
The Bon Ton Mini Mart in Henderson, Kentucky, which produces superb fried chicken, will have a new owner after next Friday.  Donna King, who owns the restaurant and the fried chicken recipe, is retiring.  The restaurant will continue to be run by long-time employee (13 years) Angie Dundee and her sister, Jessica Dobbs.

No changes are expected, other than perhaps adding a children's menu.  The fried chicken recipe--and everything else about the restaurant--will remain intact.  So no fear on that score.

I'll post more about this development as information becomes available.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
    Re:Bon Ton Mini Mart under new management Mon, 12/23/13 12:17 PM (permalink)
    I thought they served Broasted Chicken

buffetbuster

Re:Bon Ton Mini Mart under new management Mon, 12/23/13 12:24 PM (permalink)
      Louis-
      Thanks as always for the update!  Sorry to see Donna King retire, but it is undoubtedly well earned.  Glad to hear you don't expect much difference in the quality of chicken.  Do you think they will make any changes to the menu?

Louis

Re:Bon Ton Mini Mart under new management Mon, 12/23/13 9:01 PM (permalink)
        No, they will not make any changes to the menu.  The chicken will still take 22 minutes to deep fry and be served fresh; except for call-in orders, they won't cook any of it up ahead of time.

I'm going to try to get them to add corned beef hash to the breakfast menu, but I don't know if I'll succeed.  But they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so we'll see.

Other than the addition of children's menus, the only change they'll make is that they will actually advertise; to my knowledge, they have never advertised once in the restaurant's history.  Most of their customers come from out of town; not many people in Henderson even know they exist--mainly because they don't advertise.  They have always existed exclusively on word-of-mouth.

<message edited by Louis on Mon, 12/23/13 9:03 PM>

Louis

Re:Bon Ton Mini Mart under new management Tue, 12/31/13 4:40 PM (permalink)
          I found this link from the local television station about Donna King's retirement from the Bon Ton Mini Mart.  (You have to wade through a commercial; I don't know how long the link will last, but it'll be available for a while.)

http://www.tristatehomepa...hJXGbUT9p0y2NId6IGrwHg

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
            Re:Bon Ton Mini Mart under new management Tue, 12/31/13 10:34 PM (permalink)
            Thanksfor the link,Louis. And thanks for the good news.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com