Georgio's (Crystal Lake IL)

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5238
2013/12/26 11:32:57 (permalink)

Georgio's (Crystal Lake IL)

Last weekend I was in Crystal Lake concluding a Craigslist sale and the seller suggested I check out Georgio's Chicago Pizzeria & Pub in the old downtown area.

The inside is typical Chicago sports bar, with plenty of Bears memorabilia and advertising.  And it's pretty dark.

I chose a thin 10" sausage and mushroom and it was very good.  Georgio's sauce is more tangy/savory than sweet, the sausage was mild but still flavorful, and the crust had a nice crunch.

But wait, there's more!  In the interest of fairness and thorough research I also ordered a deep dish 10" pizza with the same toppings, and it was just as good - albeit in a different way - as its skinny brother.  All the flavors were equally good but it seemed like the sauce stood out a bit more, and the crust had a flaky, tender, almost a pie-like character.

Georgio's has won some accolades and I feel that they've been legitimately earned; I very much enjoyed my pizza and wouldn't hesitate to return, especially since it can be reached without having to deal with much of the typical Crystal Lake traffic on US-14.

No, I didn't finish both pizzas.  I ate 4 thin pieces and 1 deep piece and then took the rest home...but not before stopping for lunch on the way.

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1