A quick east coast run

Author
Poverty Pete
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2320
2014/01/14 20:36:56 (permalink)

A quick east coast run

After leaving Nashville last Monday afternoon,  my first stop was Mrs. Rowe's, in Virginia.  It was a decent breakfast, better than my last visit, but honestly, I would have been better served at the Southern Kitchen, up the road in New Market.
Next morning, Ken8038 and I went for Italian hot dogs, at Big Blue in Linden.   Ken tells me this place is on the verge of being discovered in the hot dog world.  I really liked the atmosphere, but Stewart's Key Lime soda is awful.
Next day, in Red Hook, NY, I lunched at Griff's Diner. They fixed me a great pepperoni sandwich on a hard roll, along with a bowl (OK, a styrofoam cup) of mushroom soup.
My next food stop was Whitey's Fish Camp, near Jacksonville, Fl.  You guys going there next month should definitely include this place on your tour.   I contacted The Travelling Man as I passed through Melbourne, but we couldn't make a connection.
In West Palm Beach,  on Sunday at 4:30 in the morning, if you're in need of a Cuban sandwich, Havana is the place to be.  Best Cuban I've had in years.
The following day in Orlando, I found a Latin place called Tu Casa, on Orange Blossom Trail.  They had a very nice cafeteria line, and the owner was awesome.  No photos, but one day I'll learn how to post pics.

15 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1