Edge root beer

Author
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2011
2014/01/27 10:02:01 (permalink)

Edge root beer

The Edge diner (former Edgemere Diner) on Rt 20 in Shrewsbury, MA, has gone into the rootbeer business. I bought my bottle at a hardware store as an impulse item. At $2.25 for a single serve glass bottle, it is a little pricy, but IMO, worth the money. It is made with real sugar, and less carbonization, so it has a home made taste.

According to the hardware guy, it has sold ok. I think that it is actually made at a contract manufacturing company, and not at the diner.

2 Replies Related Threads

TomEN
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re:Edge root beer 2014/03/03 14:33:09 (permalink)
    This sounds very good to me.  How would you rate it with the Dad's root beer?  This is my favorite kind of root beer.
    tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2011
    Re:Edge root beer 2014/03/05 14:55:09 (permalink)
    TomEN

This sounds very good to me.  How would you rate it with the Dad's root beer?  This is my favorite kind of root beer.

I've had Dad's but not recently. I don't see it around here anymore, nor do I see Frosty. Hires is here and there, but now made with HFCS. Edge compares with the other non HFCS boutique brands,  both in quality and price. Local Polar (a big independent) made an all sugar root beer and creme soda line a few years ago that was excellent. The fact that the Polar line seems to be gone, and that Jones is not doing great, shows to me a lack of demand for a quality product. Meanwhile Polar keeps pumping out 80 to 100 trailer loads of HFCS product a day, and Coke and Pepsi, much, much more.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1