Trader Joe's Poutine????????

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10407
2014/02/07 02:36:19 (permalink)

Trader Joe's Poutine????????

I received a flyer from Trader Joe's today. I always enjoy reading them because they really spend a lot of creative time doing the write-ups on the various products they're selling.
As many of you know, they have a wide variety of products not normally found in ho-hum supermarkets.
You know, things like "Sai Tung Green Curry & Red Gaba Rice", "4 Kouigns Amann", "Coconut Cranberry Granola" and "Poutine"! --------- Poutine?????????
They give the history of Poutine and the English translation of the name which means "Mess".
It's a bag with Challenger Gold potatoes from the Pacific Northwest that you bake in your oven along with a bag of Wisconsin Cheese Curds and a third packet of Rich Brown Gravy.
Put it all together to create a "Mess".
While it may not be as good as what you could get in a little Bistro in Quebec, it would be a good intro for someone who wondered what all the Poutine Hype on here is about.
A 24 oz. bag for just $3.99. AND Pick up some "2 Buck Chuck" (Now $3.99) to go with it!
Has anyone ever tried it?
It's on my TJ's Shopping list along with Miso Ginger Broth, Chocolate Kona Coffee Truffles and Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti, only $1.39 a pound!
What are your Trader Joe's "Go To" items that you buy there regularly or can't find in other stores?
post edited by Foodbme - 2014/02/07 02:37:31

28 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1