Helpful ReplyYet another complaint about Yelp

Author
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1351
2014/03/03 01:42:05 (permalink)

Yet another complaint about Yelp

There's a trend in my area, which I find REALLY annoying.

Unless it's run by someone I know, I NEVER go to a restaurant the first month or two it opens. I want to give it a chance to iron out the kinks before I spend my money there. If you go to a restaurant as soon as it opens, it is a mistake to expect perfection.

However, every time a new restaurant opens in my area, it seems a dozen or two people write reviews in Yelp, largely criticizing it for the kind of things that are almost expected in a new restaurant (like a table not being ready at the exact time reserved at the height of the dinner hour). I wish that Yelp would discourage this somehow, but they don't. These reviews stay with the restaurant as long as it's open. and are VERY hard to overcome with good reviews once the restaurant gets its act together.

Yelp DOES allow owners to comment, but only to a limited number of posts. When I see very mixed reviews of a restaurant, I use the time sort, and often discover that most of the bad reviews were written within the first month or two the restaurant was open.

And I HAVE told this to Yelp, suggesting that they may put some sort of guideline about reviewing a restaurant too early.

I'd like to hear what the restaurant owners here think.

Bart
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1