Preparation for Immediate Service

Author
BelCibo
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 169
2014/03/07 22:10:42 (permalink)

Preparation for Immediate Service

I spoke with my HD today about a Roast Beef sandwich and I am either not understanding or I described my case incorrectly.   I plan on speaking with him again next week but would like to be better prepared.

Here is what I want to do.  Cook a whole muscle Top Sirloin roast to an internal temperature of 145F which I would hold for 4 minutes min per Food Code.  I would then cool the roast and store.  During service I will razor thin slice the beef and cold hold. When we get an order,  dunk it in 180F au jus for around 10 seconds to warm it then throw onto the sandwich and then add our giardiniera.  

Two questions:
1)  Since I am not warming to Hot Hold, is there a temp requirement for the warmed meat that goes on the sandwich?  Do I have to reach 165F? I don't think it is needed due to this:
3-403.10 Preparation for Immediate Service. Cooked and refrigerated food that is prepared for immediate service in response to an individual consumer order, such as a roast beef sandwich au jus, may be served at any temperature.

2)  Secondly I really don't want to go to 145, I'd rather go to 130 but how in the world do you hold at 130F for 112 minutes?

Our Food Code is essentially a copy form the FDA code.   

Thanks in advance or if there is another preferred method chime in.

5 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1