Hot!All Roads Lead To Cincinnati

Author
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2985
2014/04/10 07:04:37 (permalink)

All Roads Lead To Cincinnati

Wednesday April 9th:
It was early morning yesterday, I was up before the dawn...
We've had a lot of fun planning the Cincinnati Chili crawl for this coming Saturday, April 12th lead by our own Cajun King.  With over 40 Roadfooders responding at one time or another and 27 confirmed attendees, I thought I would kick off the trip report for this gigantic meet-up.
We've got folks coming for all over the country, and most are arriving 1, 2 or even 3 days in advance....which means there's always a story and always some more Roadfood involved. 
EVERYONE - please feel free to chime in, post pictures, tell us about your trip within the trip...let's set a new Roadfood record for most posters on the same trip!!!  Yep, even you Dale! Come out of retirement.....
My day began on Wednesday, April 9th with a before dawn departure from the Windy City to beat the traffic.  Driving conditions were superb, tunes were preselected in advance and, I had my Roadfood spreadsheets!   The roads were empty and I made great time to my first stop, the Roadfood reviewed...

Shapiro's is located in a gentrified area of Indianapolis and has a huge, huge seating area.  I was surprised to see 6 people sitting in 200-300 seat restaurant but I have heard lunch is packed as there are lots of businesses near by.
While I am an omelet lover, I knew I had several coming up and it's not often you find a Jewish deli with so distinctive a lineage....so it was the lox plate pictured below.

It was ok...so I'll give it a C-...but on closer inspection, I watched the girl open a package of lox and grab a clump of way to thickly sliced and smallish pieces.  My bagel choice is always Everything and after accepting my order, she stopped by the table to tell me they were out of Everything and to pick another flavor...went with toasted garlic.  After inquiring about cream cheese flavors, I was told there was only one and now I see why....Philly in a package. 
Not the best start to my trip, but not a disaster either.  It still makes the bottom of the average scale at a C-, but I had much higher hopes.  Should of tried the corned beef omelet! 
post edited by ChiTownDiner - 2014/04/19 10:30:50

507 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1