Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7898
2014/04/21 20:51:30 (permalink)

Moon over Parma

aka All Roads lead to Cincinnati

Tuesday April 8

Even though I was only home for a day after my return from Washington DC, I did go back to work for just one day, however after work, I was off again, to  Pittsburgh and arrived very late at 11pm so I decided to stay near the airport even though buffetbuster offered to have me stay at his place. I was tired and I had to get up early the next day

Wednesday April 9

After having what was clearly the worst coffee of the trip (and the worst coffee in a long time) at Niko's coffee house near Robinson Town Center, I was on the road again this time to catch an early day game of the Cleveland Indians vs The San Diego Padres (yes interleague early in the season) I arrived in Parma just as Little Polish Diner was opening.

This was my first visit and I couldn't believe how small the place is. The special that day was Kielbasa and Kraut,

however I decided to go with the tour of Poland which not only includes Kielbasa but stuffed cabbage and pierogies as well. I started out with a cup of cabbage soup which I thought was rather weak.

The smoky kielbasa was certainly the star of the meal, however I thought the stuffed cabbage and pierogies were just ok. I can't pin point it, however it just didn't win me over.

Here's a better look at the Pierogies.

I preferred my past meals at Sokolowski's, Babushka's Kitchen and even the Parma Tavern. I'm glad I had the opportunity to check out Little Polish Diner , and I'm even more glad that I had the opportunity to check out their rest room...

After lunch, it was a quick 15 minute ride to the game, I thought it was a 12:15pm game, it was actually a 12:05pm game. The night before I found 200 level tickets behind home plate on stub hub for $10- with fees around $15. I couldn't believe parking near the ballpark was $20- even more expensive than the tickets. I decided to drive a little further and found a $5 lot about 1/2 a mile from the ballpark.

I arrived, sat down with a Great Lakes brew in hand, just as the Indians threw the first pitch.

The game itself was a sleeper, and  a pitchers dual.

As you know, the naming rights for Jacob's Field was sold to that leacherous swine of an insurance company 

Be that as it may, I'm still trying to figure out what the mascot is?

The first half was over in an hour and five. After the first half of the game, I walked up the the upper level and got some decent views of the city skyline as well as the Cuyahoga River.

The Indians shut out the Padres, 2 zip. After the game, I headed to another family reunion in Granville OH and visited my (much older) cousin Mona. We are first cousins, again through my father's side of the family, I don't think we ever met, at least I would be too young to recall if we did. We had dinner at a local tavern  on Main Street in Granville (home of Dennison University) afterwards, I headed back east and spent the night in Wheeling. I wanted to drive back as close to Pittsburgh as possible since the festivities officially start the next day.

Thursday April 10. 
Less than an hours drive back to Pittsburgh, I spent the morning taste testing coffee at three different coffee houses in my old neighborhood of Mt Lebanon...Afterwards I drove back to the Airport, dropped the rental off and it was off to Cincy with buffetbuster (before picking cousin Johnny up in Columbus)

24 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1