The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Blue Ridge Barbeque Festival

Shanie

• Total Posts: 8
Blue Ridge Barbeque Festival Tue, 04/27/04 2:08 PM (permalink)
Just wondering if any of you are attending this event here in Tryon, NC. http://www.blueridgebbqfestival.com/

Sundancer7

RE: Blue Ridge Barbeque Festival Tue, 04/27/04 5:57 PM (permalink)
    The Sundancer is planning on attending. I believe this was a discussion earlier in the year. I live in Knoxville, TN and it is just a short hop across the mountain. I wonder if parking is an issue? Do the BBQ folks sell the BQ?

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
      RE: Blue Ridge Barbeque Festival Tue, 04/27/04 6:56 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Sundancer7

The Sundancer is planning on attending. I believe this was a discussion earlier in the year. I live in Knoxville, TN and it is just a short hop across the mountain. I wonder if parking is an issue? Do the BBQ folks sell the BQ?

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

This will be the first year out of the past six that I will miss this contest. My wife's health needs my presence at home this year. I do plan on being up in Lynchburg, TN for the Jack Daniels in October.

Parking is not a problem. But I would suggest you come over on Friday afternoon and night. Most of the teams are still having fun at that point and more open to conversations. Byt Saturday morning, it gets real serious.

Yes, some of the teams do sell BBQ. There is a running track on the property where they put all the food vendors around the outside of the track. You will probably see Music City Pig Pals, Texas Rib Rangers, Paradise Ridge, and many more.

They also have a arts and crafts area that have some really good artists in it. There is one gentleman who makes hand-carved spoons and other utensils out of all kinds of beautiful woods. I can tell from experience that his spoons are the favorites in my kitchen.

If you go by Music City Pig Pals, ask for Lee. Tell him RibDog sent you.

Have a great time. Really wish I could be there.

John

Shanie

• Total Posts: 8
        RE: Blue Ridge Barbeque Festival Tue, 04/27/04 9:15 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Sundancer7

Paul E. Smith
        Knoxville, TN

As RibDog said, parking is not a problem at all. There are shuttles running back and forth constantly to take people from their cars to the festival... except, of course, for those who want to walk ;)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com